Sunday, August 28, 2011

Breakage

Nope, I didn't break anything (this time).  What I am doing is backing away from my YA Zombie Apocalypse book to work on the ?3rd? rewrite of my Paranormal Romance novel.  Taking a different stance with the book, though the same characters are in there with the same traits I've learned to love over the past 19 months.  I'm terrified to look back at the beginning attempts, knowing how much suckage must be on the pages.  This was the only book I queried out to agents, and out of the minimal group, I got zero request for more.

Here's to hoping this breakage will detach me from the zombies, so when I do go back I'll be fresh and ready to fight...er edit.  I also hope I can turn some tricks (giggidy) and all the posts, articles, books I've read since starting writing will pay off.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything! I think taking a break can be the best thing-- for BOTH books. It's good to take another look at them with fresher eyes!

    ReplyDelete