Sunday, August 21, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 4




Welcome back to my WIP I’m now editing: A Girl, Her Dog, and the Zombies. You can find my #sixsunday samples here for the first, second, third posts and below is the fourth...


As the crackers fell to the ground, the dog sprung into action and ate every crumb.
Tears welled in my eyes, “She’s eating it.” I kept the bat on my shoulder and used my left hand to drop the rest of the crackers. As the dog ate, I walked around her. There was some dirt and mud, but no wounds. “Damn girl, where are all your brothers and sisters?”


Ok everyone, comment away!

19 comments:

  1. Anything with zombies is a win in my book! Great six. I definitely want more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I love Zombies I'm glad her dog remains un-zombied! Nice 6.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is always good in an apocalypse novel with zombies when the dog goes for crackers and not flesh.

    Wonder if it will stay that way.

    Oh wait, I know the story, just can't spill the good parts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn Girl that was a great six! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no. That dog is going to be...food?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, the dog is not food. In 3 months, my MC has seen one other person, now one dog, and lots of zombies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - thank you for answering Taryn's question - I was worried!

    But yes - this is a great six!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way I'd hurt a dog...kids are fair game but not the animals ;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice six! Can't wait to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice that she is that worried about a dog xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks ladies. Any MC that is not worried about a dog should be a villain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. If the choice is dog or zombie, I'll take the dog. On the other hand, a zombie dog would make a helluva watchdog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I <3 dogs!! I'm glad she's saving this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay, I was a little scared at first that she was going to whack the dog with the bat when the dog was distracted...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad to hear the dog's not food! great six gal, xoxox sis

    ReplyDelete