Sunday, August 7, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday 8 7

Welcome back to my second http://www.sixsunday.com/ twitter #sixsunday post.  Last week's six can be found here.  This is from my current YA work in progress.


Cindy eventually cursed me for seeing nothing as she started to move the car slowly.  I was half out of my seat looking through the back window when she screamed.  I turned back to see a dog sitting on the side of the road.


We were speechless, and the poor thing was so skinny.  The dog was white with a cow type of black spots though there was some brown down her legs.  She was tall and looked like a hound, just not the typical basset.

Thank you everyone for stopping by.  I plan to post again next week and perhaps I will offer up the tentative title.  I love your feedback and comments, the good and bad, just don’t be snarky ;).  

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm intrigued by this snippet. I'm wondering if the dog plays a significant part in the story. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great six, and I agree with Gayle, very intriguing. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart beat very fast when I read this. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Aimee, poor puppy. I hope the rescue her

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm curious about what's going on here. Six sentences isn't enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I'm a sucker for a starving mutt! Let's go get it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The whole idea of just 6 sentences got to me, since there is so much more I want to post. As I'm reading the comments, I feel your frustration and yet feel happy that you want to hear more. The next 6 that I'll post on Sunday will continue directly after the above post, though I will not promise you any closure to your questions. I'm a mutt lover too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm..seems like the description of the dog is a canine I have met.. ;)
    Great six sis!
    (and yes I am now caught up)

    ReplyDelete