Friday, November 18, 2011

What am I doing tomorrow?


My friend asked me as one writer to another, what am I doing tomorrow?  Writing J

Yeah, I say it with a smile.  Even with the rejections, the long nights and longer weekends at my home computer, I am a writer.  I catch myself at times saying I’m ‘aspiring’, and then I get mad.  Aspiring my arse, I’ve spent serious time plotting, killing off characters, making sweet love, and connecting the dots to bring forth a document of joy.  While I realize some early stuff was a bit on the crappy side, I look at what I’m writing now and feel proud.  I know I am a writer.  I know each day I put words down, I’m improving my craft. 

This week marked the return to my job, and even though each night I was too tired to write more than 100 words, I attempted.  Some of it was a little out there, but at least I worked on it without pushing myself too hard.  29,199 words is the current count on my paranormal romance WIP that I’m working on NaNoWriMo with.  Even though I enjoy the chart feature, the plateau from 13th until today is a little embarrassing. 

You know though, I’m keeping my head up and a smile on my face while thinking of all the havoc I will throw at my characters.  I perhaps won’t finish the 50,000 goal in time, but rest assured I will keep working on this book.  My blog plans for the near future will attempt another Six Sentence Sunday in just a few weeks.  I have more writing links to add in the left hand side ‘Writing Links of Interest’, as well as selecting a snippet for ‘The What She Wrote’ section.  Another 13 days of writing, then I’ll be able to dedicate a day to the blog goodness. 

Break is over, now to head back to my document and allow some words to make magic on the page.  

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with NaNo! I love that feeling of just KNOWING you are a writer. No aspiring there at all. You just are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the point behind NaNOWriMo to get you to throw words on a page? So even if you don't finish that book in one month (honestly I don't see how anyone can that doesn't have unlimited free time and a fully-formed premise) the fact that you accomplished so much is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete